The art of the Tainos is the Rock Art or Petroglyphs and abstract motifs. They were made by engraving into the walls of caves, large rocks and the stones that made up the fences of the bateyes. The art represented the Tainos culture and the pictures also represented what the Tainos respected the most; the elements of nature and also the magical forces of nature. Some of the Tainos artifacts were used in ceremonies. An idol called a “Zemi”, was used in magical rituals to represent the powers of nature. Their magic and religious view of the world was a major factor in the type of artifacts which they produced. The Tainos believed that the artifacts they created would help them control the forces of nature.
Puerto Rico Weather
- “Not Victims But Leaders”: Oscar Contender ‘Landfall’ Examines Puerto Rico At Crossroads After Hurricane Maria
- Arecibo telescope collapses, ending 57-year run
- Citizenship Question in the 2020 Census Will Have on All Latinos
- Soto Introduces Puerto Rico Admission Act of 2019
- Puerto Rico governor warns White House: ‘If the bully gets close, I’ll punch the bully in the mouth’
PICTURES SCROLL EVERY 15 SECONDS